Monday, October 11, 2010

More Progress

They say rust is lighter than carbon fibre.. but how light does it need to be?






So this will mean a hold up on getting it running, 
On another note, Fitting the gearbox;




It will take a litlle bit of  hammering, cutting and welding to get it to fit and to be able to do up the top gearbox bolts, 



All the guards off to get at a bit of surface rust and for more leverage to get the steering rack out, 
up grading from the factory power steering rack to a quick rack I got out of a DX, It changed from 3 1/2 turns to 2 1/4 turns,

I removed the heater/air con unit to make room for the cut tunnel and to loose some more weight. I also started to remove the sound deadening, I also thought the bonnet opened a tad low, 


Before;

After;
 Ill have to wait till I put the bonnet back on to see how far it'l open and whether or not ill need to put new stops in place,





No comments:

Post a Comment